Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mini Review of "After Hours"

After Hours 
By Claire Kennedy 

Stars: 3 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: June 16th 2015

For Isa, Finn, Peter and Xavi working at the Waterside Cafe is way more than just waiting tables and washing dishes. 

In fact it pretty much revolves around one thing and one thing only: Tips. 

Enter your weeks worth of tips for a chance to play and you could walk away with enough money to change your life, all you have to do is complete the dare and the money is yours.

What are you willing to risk for "Tips"?

------------------------------------

I initially picked up this book thinking it was going to be a cross between Lauren Oliver's "Panic" and pretty much any Sarah Dessen novel. 

Boy. Was. I. Wrong. 

First off, the 'high stake' dares in this book consist of making out with random people, hooking up with random people and walking around with little to no clothing on until someone complains. Oooh scary! 
*Insert bored face here*

Secondly, while the setting of the so called 'high end' (read skeezy) Cafe was the perfect place for fan girl swoons and feels the only feelings I got were 'blah'. 

I didn't really like any of the characters so I didn't care who they did or didn't end up with. 

For me it was kind of a dud. I was excited to read it but ended up forcing myself to finish it. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment