Friday, July 24, 2015

Review of "The Consequence of Loving Colton"

The Consequence Of Loving Colton
By Rachel Van Dyken 

Stars: 5
Source: Netgalley 
Release Date: April 21st 2015 

Milo has been in love with her older brothers best friend, Colton for as long as she can remember. But this weekend isn't about her and her slightly obsessive crush, it's about her big brother getting hitched. 

So she decides to push her feelings aside and try to avoid Colton at all cost. 

Milo's plan seem to be working... That is until Colton kisses her... And then apologizes... 

So Milo does what any girl would do, she makes up a fake boyfriend and enlists the help of her (not so) gay best friend to help her out of the corner she's just painted herself into. 

This laugh out loud rom-com will leave you rolling on the floor in stitches with tears streaming down your face! And that's just in the first chapter! 


-----------------------------------------------

I adored this book! 

The first couple of pages had my laughing so hard I seriously thought I was going to pee my pants. And it just kept getting more hilarious as the story continued. 

Milo is a walking accident, always breaking things, or faces. Colton has the dry sense of humor I LOVE. And Max... Max, Max, Max. 

Remember the gay best friend in My Best Friends Wedding? That's who I kept picturing as Max. His wicked sense of humor absolutely made this book. 

Every time I think it couldn't get any better it did. 

You have Milo's Grandmother who I'm pretty sure is Betty White's crazy twin, the biggest Bridezilla of the east and so, so many drunken brawls!

I loved all the little flashbacks to Milo's childhood and how she referred to Colton as her 'Dragon slaying Prince'. 

Their romance was very cliche and the ending wasn't all that believable or realistic but if you're just looking for a cute summer read to brighten up your day then this book is for you! 

I can't wait to read more of Rachel's work, I have the companion novel to this book and I'll be reading it/reviewing it soon! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment