Monday, July 20, 2015

A Quick Note From Me + A Mini Review of "The Revenge Playbook"

The past couple of weeks I haven't felt like doing anything blog related, I feel like I've fallen so behind on my archives, reviews and cross posting that it's going to be near impossible to catch up. 

I haven't stopped reading though so I guess there is a bright side. 

My next couple weeks of reviews are going to be short mini reviews since I'm trying to get back in the habit of writing and posting them so please bare with me while I try my hardest to catch up. 

First up is...

The Revenge Playbook
By Rachael Allen 

Stars: 4 
Source: Edelweiss
Release Date: June 16th 2015 

When four different girls rally together to take down the kings of their high-school, aka the football team, you get a hilarious, fun filled book with just the right amount of humor and heart. 

Amazon - Barnes and Noble  - Book Depository

------------------------------

I was hesitant to read this book because I'm a HUGE football fan and I wasn't sure if I could relate to (or even like) a bunch of girls hell bent on tackling (pun intended) the high-schools football players. 

Let me just tell you, not only did I fall in love with these amazing characters but I found myself cheering them on! 

This book, while fun and light, also has a darker underside to it. 

Most of the girls who are apart of the 'Revenge Playbook' are doing so because of a list emailed to the new football players. A list detailing why said football players should dumb their current girlfriends. Be it because of weight, acne or overall appearance and reputation. 

But one girl is doing it for so much more than a hurtful list. 

I love how it shed some light on the fact that these players are idolized not only by their peers but by the faculty, the principal, etc. They are untouchable and can get away with just about anything and I LOVE how these girls got fed up and decided to take matters into their own hands. 

All in all, 4 stars and a very enjoyable read. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment