Saturday, May 2, 2015

Mini ARC Review of "Every Last Promise"

Every Last Promise 
By Kristin Halbrook 

Stars: 4 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: April 21st 2015 

Kayla remembers every second of that night, what she saw, who was involved, what she did to try to protect her friend and herself. But it's easier and safer if she keeps up the charade, if she continues letting people think that she has no memory of that night or the events that took place. 

--------------------------------------

This book really sucked me in, from the first couple of chapters I had to know what happened. The plot definitely drove me to finish this book. Unlike the characters that kept driving me to put the book down. I didn't relate to anyone, especially the main character, Kayla, her so called friends were awful and her town in general annoyed me. 

I wasn't a fan of the jumping around in the chapters, the flashbacks didn't really add enough to the story to remain relevant and I feel like the story could have been deeper and more in depth if it had just been told in the present time. 

The ending was awful (story wise not the writing) and it made me so mad but sadly it was believable and happens all too often. 

All in all it was an okay read and while it wasn't horrible I feel like it wasn't memorable and that in a couple weeks I won't be able to remember any of it. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment