Monday, May 18, 2015

ARC Review of "Heat Of The Moment"

Heat Of The Moment 
By Lauren Barnholdt

Stars: 2 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: May 12th 2015 

Freshman year Lyla, Quinn and Aven each wrote themselves an email with something they wanted to achieve before graduating high-school. 

Now four years later the three aren't even on speaking terms and the emails have long since been forgotten, so when Lyla opens up her email to find an email from herself telling her to learn to trust she's less than thrilled. She's a trusting person. Right? 

The first in a trilogy told from each girls perspective over the course of their senior trip follows Lyla on her quest to trust not only those around her but herself.


-------------------------------------------------

I've read a couple Lauren Barnholdt books over the past couple of years and every time I pick one up I get sucked in by the synopsis and the promises of a good summer/beach read. 

Yet every time I finish (if I finish) I feel so disappointed, let down and for lack of a better word, blah. 

In case you haven't guessed all ready, I was not a fan of this book. 

It pretty much centered around the main characters goal to lose her virginity to her douche bag of a boyfriend on their senior trip. 

She (Lyla) was so incredibly whiny and self centered and every other thing out of her mouth was a lie.

Lyla's one goal on the trip is too sleep with her boyfriend and yet anytime he's out of the picture she's flirting with the mysterious, attractive, moody, Beckett. Yeah, that makes perfect sense! 

I really don't know what else to say, this book wasn't plot driven or character driven, it was more like a bad car wreck that you just couldn't look away from and I will not be continuing with the companion novels/sequels. 

Until next time,
 Ginger  

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment