Thursday, April 2, 2015

Review of "Vanishing Girls"

Vanishing Girls 
By Lauren Oliver 

Stars: 5!
Source: Purchased 

Dara and Nick used to be inseparable, but that was before. Before the fight, before the accident, before Dara was left broken and angry and unable to forgive Nick for driving that night, for causing the accident. 

Now they avoid one another, they barley talk let alone share secrets like they used to. 

So when Dara goes missing Nick thinks she's just trying to get attention, play games, that is until she realizes that her disappearance might just be linked to the disappearance of another girl, this one nine years old. 

"Vanishing Girls" draws you in and hangs on to you with all it's might. It's the perfect blend of darkness and light. Of hope and utter despair. 

--------------------------------------

The day I picked this up was the day that Lauren Oliver happened to be doing a signing at my local bookstore. I swung by and picked it up around 11am thinking I would read a least a few chapters, just enough to acquaint myself with the story and the characters so I wouldn't be completely lost during the Q&A portion of the signing.

I finished it 3 hours later. 

I can't even describe how much I LOVED this book. 

The characters are developed, the plot is spectacular and the setting is breathtaking, the story as a whole is amazing but even if you break it up into different pieces it's still worthwhile.

I loved how the story centered around sisters. Both so different yet so alike.

Weaving in Madeline Snow's disappearance really kept the story going and added a note of desperation to the storyline. 

I adored the setting of the ammusment park and it's array of unusual and original characters. 

I can honestly say that this is my all time favorite Lauren Oliver book, it's dark and twisted and intense to the point of cause the reading extreme pain and disbelief. 

The moment I finished it I wanted to start it over again from the beginning. 

If you're looking for a thrilling story that will keep you up late at night thinking about it then look no further because "Vanishing Girls" is that book! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment