Thursday, April 9, 2015

Review of "Top Ten Clues You're Clueless"

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless 
By Liz Czuaks 

Stars: 5 
Source: OTSPSecret Sister Gift 

Chloe is constantly making lists, lists of the weirdest things she's ever seen, lists of things you've never want to hear your mother say, lists of things someone could do with 10,000 dollars. 

The last thing Chloe expected when she went into work on Christmas Eve was to be accused of stealing and held against her will in the break room along with the other under aged employees. But that's exactly what happens. 

Having read mysteries her whole life Chloe starts her own investigations into the disappearance of the money and recruits her fellow associates to help. 

Top Ten Clues You're Clueless is a fun, fast paced, read that will have you flipping the pages faster than you can read them. 

-------------------------------------

Top 5 reasons I adored this book: 

1. Chloe. She was hilarious, I loved her inner dialog and of course her lists. 

2. The lists. I don't know about you but I am constantly making up lists, to-do lists, not to-do lists, lists of books I want to read, movies I want to watch, places I want to visit. I'm all about the lists! 

3. The mystery element. I had NO idea this was a mystery. I vaugly remember putting it on my wish list because I liked the cover and the story sounded interesting but the synopsis didn't mention anything about the missing money so that was an added bonus. 

4. The other characters. I'm not going to lie. The second all of them were locked up in the break room I started picturing them as characters from The Breakfast Club, it had that John Hughes touch to it. If they hadn't been forced to stay then they never would have learned so much about each other. 

5. The setting. I worked retail for 2 years and while I hated some aspects of it I still miss it sometimes. Hanging out with my friends in the break room, meeting new people everyday. So I instantly loved the setting, even though nearly the entire book was set inside one store it was ever changing and surprising. 

Top 5 words to describe this book: 

1. Adorable. 
2. Quirky. 
3. Lovable. 
4. Refreshing. 
5. Fun. 

I cannot wait to read more from Liz (who also writes under a pen name, Ellie Cahill). 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment