Saturday, April 18, 2015

ARC Review of "Lies I Told"

Lies I Told 
By Michelle Zink 

Stars: 4
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date April 7th 2015 

Grace Fontaine is a con artist, a thief and a professional liar. Adopted into the family that taught her everything Grace will do anything to keep them all together, even if that means following in their corrupt footsteps. 

Up until we meet Grace she has followed the rules, never doing anything that could put her or her family at risk. Nothing that would expose them for who they really are. 

But suddenly Grace finds herself falling for her 'mark', instead of being focused and one step ahead of everyone else she finds herself caught up in the moment and slipping up at the worst times. 

It's their biggest heist yet and with a high reward comes high stakes. Sacrifices have to be made and mistakes could end up costing them everything. 

---------------------------------

First off let me just say that this is not a standalone. Since I finished it GoodReads has updated it's listing as book one in a series (maybe a duology?). So that should save you the pain I had to endure when I finished what I thought was a standalone novel.

I liked this book way more than I initally thought I would. For a family of jewel theives they were all so relatable, likable even! 

I found myself rooting for them to pull it off and make it out okay. 

I obviously have problems... 

Don't get me wrong I liked Logan's family too and I didn't want to see them hurt but Zink did such an amazing job with this book that you don't even realize you're rooting for the bad guys until the books over. 

I liked the somewhat underlining mystery of Grace's (insane?) next door neighbor and I loved the roll that Logan's fathers mental health played. 

It was a really well rounded story that of course left me with dozens of questions after I finished it! 

I can't wait to get my hands on the next one to see where Zink takes Grace. 

Until next time, 
Ginger

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment