Saturday, March 14, 2015

Mini Review of "The Brilliant Light Of Amber Sunrise"

The Brilliant Light Of Amber Sunrise 
By Matthew Crow 

Source: Edelweiss 
Stars:3 
Release Date: March 10th 2015 

Francis Wootton has just been diagnosed with cancer, while in the hospital receiving treatment he meets Amber, Amber is everything he wants to be, vivacious, sarcastic, lively. But she is also sick. Add in Francis's wise older brother, his slightly over protective mother and his cranky grandmother and you've got yourself somewhat of a story. 



---------------------------------------------------------

I gave this book three stars because I did finish it but truthfully I feel like three is a little high. 

As much as I was looking forward to reading this book I found it to be a rather large let down. 

The characters were all so flat and one dimensional and the story dragged on and on for chapters at a time without anything really happening. 

It lacked any real emotion and while I'm all for 'the feels' the only feeling I had while reading this book were total and complete boredom. 

Unfortunately I don't have anything else to say about this book, I obviously didn't love it but I didn't hate it either. To me it was one of those books you read and then a week later can't remember a single detail about it. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment