Thursday, March 19, 2015

ARC Review of "The Walls Around Us"

The Walls Around Us 
By Nova Ren Suma 

Stars: 5 
Source: Netgalley
Release Date: March 24th 2015 

"The Walls Around Us" is a story about three girls and how their paths cross, their mysteries intertwine and their secrets unravel.  

Violet's dream is to be a professional ballerina, she has trained and studied for years and in just a few short days she will leave for Julliard. 

Amber is in a girls detention center, surrounded by murderers, thieves and druggies, oh my! 

Ori is the girls that ties Vi and Amber's stories together. 


-------------------------------------

I don't want to say too much about this book because I feel like it's the kind of book you have to go into blind. 

It's such a good mystery and it's supernatural/ghostly undertone adds a depth to it that you don't see a ton of in the YA genre.

I was a little hesitant when I first started it because it was a little difficult to tell exactly where the timeline of each chapter was taking place but it didn't take long for me to just let go and roll with the punches. I feel like if you try to over think this book and draw a clear timeline you'll drive yourself crazy and end up not finishing it. 

One of the thinks I loved about this book was how the divide between reality and fantasy wasn't always black and white but a dark gray.

I feel like if this book were to be turned into a movie the only person who could direct it and make it a worthy adaption would be M. Night Shyamalan. 

It's got that eerie, cryptic, spooky factor that makes you want to read it in the middle of the afternoon yet you still find yourself staying up way past midnight to finish it. 

This is definitely one of those books that you finish and you immediately feel the need to flip to the first page and read all over again.  

I cannot wait to read more from this author and I HIGHLY recommend this book! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment