Monday, March 9, 2015

ARC Review of "Bone Gap"

Bone Gap By Laura Ruby 

Source: Edelweiss 
Stars:3 
Release Date: March 3rd 2015 

Bone Gap isn't a place you stay in, it's a place you leave, which is why when young, beautiful, mysterious Roza goes missing no one believes that she was taken, they think she ran off, moved on to the next city, forgetting all about Bone Gap and it's inhabitants before she even crossed the state line. 

However Finn know's the truth, Roza would never leave him or his brother, Sean. Not without a goodbye, an explanation, something. So he sets out to find her, following the smallest clues and the tiniest of hunches, never giving up hope. 

Bone Gap is a beautiful, strange, wonderous book that haunts the reader long after they've finished it. 


---------------------------------------------

I knew from the second I picked up this book that it was going to be so hard to review it. 

It was hard enough to decide how many stars to give it let alone talk about my opinions towards it and how I liked/disliked certain aspects. 

First off, this is the weirdest book I have ever read, it has these moments of pure clarity and realization and understanding and before you have time to acknowledge those moments or contemplate them they are suddenly overcome with these unexplainable events or odd, perplexing scenes that leave you wondering if you're reading the same book you were two minutes ago. 

I'm not going to lie I had a love hate relationship with most of this book. 

It instantly reminded me of "Lovely Bones" which I don't even think I finished because I despised ever second of it (including the movie) but for some reason I really enjoyed "Bone Gap". 

I wouldn't recommend this book to everyone but if you're okay with unusual characters and somewhat paranormal undertones I'd check it out. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 

My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment