Monday, February 16, 2015

Mini Review of The Distance Between Lost and Found

The Distance Between Lost and Found By Kathryn Holmes 

Stars:2 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: February 17th 2015 

Hallelujah used to sing, she used to have friends, her parents used to trust her. 

But that was all before, before the night that Luke Willis ruined her life. 

Now six months later Hallie still carries the weight of what happened that night and the consequences of the lies Luke told. 

While on a youth group retreat Hallie and two others become lost in the woods and after the realization that they might not be rescued Hallie opens up about what really happened the night. 

I really wanted to like this book. I love survival stories of any kind so when I first read the synopsis I knew it was my kind of book. Then I read it... 

First off I didn't relate to Hallie at all, to be honest I found it quite irritating that she never felt the need to stand up for herself or even attempt to tell her side of the story, she simple let Luke walk all over her and drag her and her reputation through the mud. 

I despised Jonah for multiple reasons but the top one being he cut all contact with Hallie without talking to her about what happened and treated her like crap even though he knew she wasn't that kind of person. 

Rachel was annoying as hell, if it weren't for her they wouldn't have ended up lost in the first place but to top it all off once they are lost she turns into a whiny brat. 

To be 100% honest the only reason I finished the book was to see if any of them died before being rescued... 

Looking at some of the reviews for this book I think I'm the only one who felt this way about it, I'm not sure why I disliked it so much but needless to say it just wasn't my cup of tea. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment