Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is a 'freebie' and I picked "Top Ten of My Favorite Quotes" 

1. 


“I remember it all: every word, every breath, every tick of the clock . . . everything that happened is with me forever.
I can never forget it.
But that dosen't mean I can live it again. You can't live what's gone, you can only remember it, and memories have no life. They're just pale reminders of a time that's gone - like faded photographs, or a dried-up daisy chain at the back of a drawer. They have no substance. They can't take you back. Nothing can take you back.
Nothing can be the same as it was.
Nothing is.

All I can do is tell it.”


Kevin Brooks - Lucas 


2. 



“They were the screams of riders torn apart by the twisted reflections of their own inner selves."

Neal Shusterman - Full Tilt 

3. 

“But I'd long ago learned not to be picky in farewells. They weren't guaranteed or promised. 
You were lucky, more than blessed, if you got a good-bye at all.”

Sarah Dessen - The Truth About Forever 

4. 

“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swamps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists.. it is real.. it is possible.. it's yours.”

Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged 

5.

“The world was a terrible place, cruel, pitiless, dark as a bad dream. Not a good place to live. Only in books could you find pity, comfort, happiness - and love. Books loved anyone who opened them, they gave you security and friendship and didn't ask anything in return; they never went away, never, not even when you treated them badly.

Cornelia Funk - Inkheart 

6.

It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.

J.K Rowling - Harry Potter 

7. 

“Only now that I loved a grenade did I understand the foolishness of trying to save others from my own impending fragmentation: I couldn’t unlove Augustus Waters. And I didn’t want to.”

John Green - The Fault In Our Stars 

8. 

"You know what the secret is? It's so simple. We love one another. We're nice to one another. Do you know how rare that is?" 

Ann Brashares - Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants 

9. 

“It's hard to let go anything we love. We live in a world which teaches us to clutch. But when we clutch we're left with a fistful of ashes.”

Madeleine L'Engle - A Ring Of Endless Light 

10. 

"Only the very weak minded refuse to be influenced by literate and poetry." 

Clare Cassandra - Clockwork Angel 

These were actually a lot harder to come up with than I thought they would be! I don't even want to talk about how long I spent trying to find all of them... Leave me your favorite book quotes in the comments! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment