Monday, January 12, 2015

ARC Review of "Geek Girl"

Geek Girls By Holly Smale 

Stars:5 
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: January 27th 2015 

Harriet Manners is a geek. She would know; she looked up the word 'geek' in her Oxford English Dictionary. She doesn't like fashion, shopping or makeup. So when she's 'discovered' by a modeling agent she can't help but be shocked that the modeling industry want anything to do with her. 

After all Harriet never wanted to be a model, that was always her best friend Nat's dream. But when she's suddenly thrust into the lime light she's not sure which way is up and she can't seem to find a way to tell Natalie the truth without wrecking their friendship. 

Throw in a slightly over protective step mother, an overly eager, very childish father and a not so secret stalker and you've got yourself a delightful read. 

I read Geek Girl in a matter of hours, I don't think I set it down once. I loved everything about it. The characters, the story, the sassy, sarcastic, inner dialogue. 

Toby was probably one of my favorite characters, I imagined him as a teenage Kirk (from Gilmore Girls) completely harmless, ridiculously funny and lovable in every sense of the word. 

Harriet's story was so much fun to read and I cannot wait to see where her and the rest of Smales quirky band of characters end up next! 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment