Saturday, January 10, 2015

2015 Reading Challenges

Since I started my blog last June this is my first year participating in any reading challenges. I'm planning on making a TBR jar sometimes before the end of this week and I've officially signed up for four reading challenges.


The first challenge I've signed up for is one hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Chelly. For the Flights Of Fantasy challenge I've challenged myself to read 15 fantasy books. I know it may not seem like a lot considering how many books I read last year but I've found myself reading less and less fantasy these days. Hopefully this challenger gets me back into the habit of reading fantasy. 

Also it definitely can't hurt that Amanda Hocking has 2-3 new books coming out within the next couple of months. 

2015TBR

Next is a challenge I'm VERY excited about! The TBR Pile Challenge, I have SO MANY books, I buy them on sale, they are gifted to me, sent to me, I'm constantly at the library and yet when I finish a book I instantly think "Now I have nothing to read" which is entirely untrue. This challenge will (hopefully!) get me to read some books that have just been sitting on my shelves collecting dust. 

I've signed up to read between 11-20 books off of my TBR Pile. 




The third challenge that I've signed up for is the Finish The Series Reading Challenge. I have a confession to make... I haven't read the last three Mortal Instrument books.. or the last Clockwork Prince book... I also haven't finished the Delirium series... 

Whew! Now that I got that off of my chest... I really want to try to re-read the books I have read in the series' I'm trying to finish (because I have an awful memory) and then of course read the ones I haven't gotten around to yet. 

I'm not sure how well this is going to work out so I'm only going to sign up to finish reading one series and see how it goes from there. 


The last challenge I've signed up for is the Netgalley and Edelweiss challenge. Any book counts, any genre, length, release date. As long as it comes from Netgalley or Edelweiss. Since I get most of my books from EW I signed up for 50 books. 

So far those are the only challenges that I've signed up for, it may seem like a lot to commit to but I'm sure some books I read will overlap with challenges and make it a little bit easier for my first year. 

What challenges did you sign up for? 

Leave me a link in the comments below and perhaps I can talk myself into adding one more to my list. 

Until next time,
Ginger 

6 comments:

  1. I just started blogging in the middle of last year too! I did sign up for some challenges halfway through the year, but this year I signed up for way more! I hope you enjoy the ones you chose! :)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told myself I'd only sign up for two but you can see how well that turned out lol :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your challenges! I really should have joined the NG/EW challenge and the TBR challenge, but...I didn't. :P Oh well, there's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost missed the NG/EW challenge but I'm glad I remembered it, I think the sign up is still open :)

      Delete
  3. I did a series challenge last year and completed five series, but it only took eight books to do it. It made me feel productive! I only have three right now: Goodreads, Fairytale Retellings (I am reading ALL of Gregory Maguire's retellings), and a super informal one book a month that has been translated into English. I am gking to also jkin the Netgalley challenge if it hasn't closed yet. Good luck, especially with the series challnge, because it will make you feel accomplished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't decided which series I want to finish yet, I'm still on the fence, I didn't realize how many I haven't finished :/ But I know I'll feel so much better when I can mark some off of my list :)) Good luck with your challenges :))

      Delete