Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten Tuesdays

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish where each week there is a new topic for a top ten list. 

This week is "Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014" 

1. Stephanie Perkins. I can't believe I had never read her books before, I adore her stories and her writing style. 


2.Debra Doxer, I just finished her book, Play of Light, and I cannot stop thinking about it, I need everything she has ever written. Immediately! 


3. Rob Thomas (not the singer). I got the first Veronica Mars book when it came out in March and I devoured it, I just finished the second one a week or two ago and I'm dying for the third one. 


4. E. Lockhart. I knew nothing about this book or the author when I started reading it and it blew my mind. 


5. Paula Stokes. She is without a doubt a new favorite author I discovered in 2014. 


6. Breathe, Annie Breathe is one of my all time favorite reads of 2014 and I cannot believe I waited until this year to read Miranda Kenneally!

7. Cindy Miles, Stupid Girl was one of the first books I was sent for my blog to review and I loved it, read it in one sitting and six months later I'm still in love with it. 


8. Hopeless was one of the first books I read in 2014 and my first Colleen Hoover book, it was insanely good and I recommend it to everyone!



 9. Cut Me Free doesn't come out until the end of January but I'm telling you right now to pre-order it! Just do it! Trust me! This book was spectacular and I'm so glad I discovered J.R in 2014. 


10. And last but not least, Jenny Han, not only did I first read her books in 2014 but I also had the pleasure of going to one of her signings and she is just as delightful and entergentic as her characters. I loved To All The Boys I've Loved Before, I actually listened to it on audible and it was such a feel good read/listen. 


And those are ten authors I discovered or finally got around to reading in 2014, there are so many more that I didn't get to mention but these were undoubtedly my favorites. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

1 comment:

  1. I don't read any YA Contemporary unless it is a review book, but I always keep my eye out for them on blogs with good reviews to recommend to my teen reading lab tutees.

    ReplyDelete