Sunday, November 16, 2014

Review of "Every Breath"

Every Breath By Ellie Marney 

Stars: 4 
Source: Netgalley 


Rachel Watts and her family have recently moved to the city, it's bigger, louder, more crowded and Rachel hates it. All she wants is to return her quiet, peaceful country life and let the grim of the city life wash down the drain. 

The only problem with that is Mycroft. 

James Mycroft is the boy next door, one of the smartest people that Rachel knows and although they are best friends Rachel feelings often walk a thin line between friendship and romance. 


When an evening walk to the zoo turns deadly they find themselves caught up in the middle of a murder investigations. With Mycroft's brilliant mind and forensic knowledge they both set out to find killer before the killer finds them.  

Lets just start with the blurb that made me read this book "What if Sherlock Holmes was the boy next door?" That right there drew me in but it was Marney's characters and story line that kept me going. 

I loved all the twists and turns and how even though there were a few moments when they did something dumb that put them in harms way they were, for the most part, very strategic and smart about the moves they made.  

I recommend this book to anyone who loves a good mystery but also to anyone who loves 'the feels' because oh boy did this book have feels. I'm very excited for the next book in this series and I cannot wait to see where Marney's characters end up next. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment