Monday, November 24, 2014

Review of "Dead Girl Walking"

Dead Girl Walking By Ruth Silver 

Stars: 5 
Source: YA Bound 

Princess Ophelia is dead, brutally murdered, her life, her legacy, ripped away in the time it takes her attacker to slice her throat. 

In order to stay in this world Princes Ophelia becomes Leila, a grim reaper who helps those who have died pass on to the next world. 

The rules of a reaper are simple, you can't be late, you can't prevent death and you must leave behind your old life and never look back. 

Unfortunately Oph- Leila, has a knack for breaking any rules set for her. 

When I first started reading this book I was very hesitant, I didn't realize it was historical fantasy when I requested it and I was sure I wasn't going to like it. However within the first chapter I forgot all the skepticism I had and tore through it as fast as I could.

I loved Leila's character and the other reapers and the twist and turns. 

I loved how Ophelia's old life kept overlapping with Leila's new life and the consequences that followed. 

This was my first Ruth Silver book but it most certainly will not be my last. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment