Sunday, October 5, 2014

ARC Review of "The Forgotten Girl"

The Forgotten Girl By David J. Bell 

Stars: 3
Source: Edelweiss 
Release Date: October 7th 

The last thing Jason Danvers expects when he opens his front door in the middle of the night is to find his younger sister Hayden waiting on the porch, Hayden has a troubled past, she never stays in one place for too long and its been years since Jason has laid eyes on her. 

When Hayden begs Jason and his wife to watch after her teenage daughter while she makes amends as part of a 12 step program Jason has no choice but to say yes. But with Hayden comes secrets that have been buried for decades. Ones that threaten Jason, his family and the way he views the world. 

This book left me feeling very underwhelmed. I had to force myself to finish it and once I finished it I just felt like it was a major letdown. For me the story just kept dragging on and on with no end in sight and nothing substantial to keep my attention. I disliked most if not all of the characters and felt no real connection with them or their stories. I really wanted to like this book but it just didn't happen... 

Until next time, 
Ginger

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree, w/ the troubles finishing the book. I haven't even put a dent in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.

      Delete