Monday, September 22, 2014

"Say What You Will" Not My Cup Of Tea Review

"Say What You Will" By Cammie McGovern 

Stars: 2 

Source: Library 

Let me start off by saying I had such high hopes for this book. Even though I had no idea what it was about I was just drawn to it. It may have been that fact that it was said to be in the rankings with John Green's "The Fault in our Stars", or maybe it was the cover alone that caught my attention. Either way when I finally got my hands on it I felt like it was a complete let down. 

You may have noticed that this is a 2 star review which I HATE to write so it will be rather short. 


"Say What You Will" is about a teenage girl who was born with cerebral palsy, were it not for her computer voice box, Amy would be unable to communicate with the world around her. 


Matthew's OCD is taking over his life. Although he won't admit it. Hell he won't even admit he has OCD. The constant hand washing, counting and checking and double checking things is getting worse by the day. 



When Matthew and Amy's lives collide they find that they have more in common then either one of them realized and perhaps saving themselves starts with saving each other. 


Hate is a strong word... But I really, really, really didn't like this book. I wanted to so badly and at the end of each chapter I would think to myself "The next one will be better." but by the time I was two thirds done with it I knew that wasn't going to happen for me. 

I can't explain exactly what it was that I disliked so much, it was a mixture of things. The characters while I'm sure weren't meant to come off as whiny and annoying just grated on my every nerve. I wasn't a fan of the plot, or the lack there of, and I found myself skim reading bits of it and yet never missing anything important. 

It was a very slow read and I had to force myself to finish it because I hate DNF no matter how awful the book. 

This book was definitely one of my least favorites that I've read to date and I will probably not be reading anything else by this author. 

I do want to mention that although it was not my cup of tea you might find that you love it and think me crazy for writing this. Decide for yourself. This is just one persons opinion. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

No comments:

Post a Comment