Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review "The Art Of Lainey"

"The Art Of Lainey" By Paula Stokes 

Source: Library 
Stars: 5 

Lainey Mitchell is looking forward to spending her summer playing soccer and hanging out with her handsome, athletic, all american boyfriend Jason. That is until said boyfriend dumps her in front of her friends and a roomful of strangers. No reason, no explanation, nothing. 


When her best friend Bianca suggests using The Art of War as a how to guide to get him back Lainey agrees, after all, all's fair in love and war, right? 


One of her tactics is to make Jason jealous enough to take her back, in order to do that she recruits Micah, the polar opposite of Jason to pretend to be her boyfriend. She takes him to places that she'll know Jason will spot them and in return she does the same for Micah so he can win back his ex girlfriend. 


As Lainey gets closer to her goal of winning Jason back she grows equally closer to Micah and the idea of being with him as more than just a pretend girlfriend. 

This book was such a fun, energetic read. I knew I was going to love it before I even started it. The dedication alone made me fall head over heels for Paula Stokes and her writing style. Throw in her lovable, relatable and completely unforgettable characters and I was hooked. 

I loved her use of The Art of War and I'm not going to lie it made me feel a little smarter being able to play it off as though I had actual read The Art of War instead of just skimming it. 

Lainey and her story will stay with you long after the last page, silently reminding you to go after what you want, what you need and what your heart desires. 

Until next time, 
Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment