Monday, September 15, 2014

"Deaths Awakening" Review

"Deaths Awakening" By Sarra Cannon

Source: Netgalley 

Stars: 3 (Only because I did finish it.) 

A deadly virus has been unleashed by a powerful witch, a virus that not only takes the life of anyone who has the misfortune to be exposed to it but also causes the dead to rise and hunt the living. 

Told from six different few points "Deaths Awakening" tells the story of five teenagers who must ban together to save their world and one witch who will do anything to destroy it. 

This is going to be a rather short review because I'm really not sure what to say about it. I loved the beginning of Parrish's story, how the virus first started and I was thrilled when the undead showed up. 

However I thought it was a little much. I love the idea of explaining why there are zombies. Don't get me wrong, I still hold out hope for "The Walking Dead" to give some clue as to why there are flesh eating walkers roaming the earth, but zombies and curses and witches and spells... To me it seems like two really good books got cut in half and melded together to create one semi okay book. 

I found myself wanting to skip over the chapters told from the witches point of view in order to get back to the part of the story that I was actually interested in. 

Just because it wasn't for me though doesn't mean others won't like it. If you're the kind of person who loves zombies and fairy tales and doesn't mind when they overlap then I'm sure you'll enjoy this book a lot more than I did. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 



In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment