Thursday, July 31, 2014

"Wide Awake" Review

"Wide Awake" Shelly Crane 

Source: Netgalley 

Stars: 4

Emma Walker has just woken up from a six month coma.
From what the strangers in her room tell her she barley survived being left on the side of the road for dead after a hit and run. As if it can't get any worse, the 'strangers' in her room are her parents, and the girl staring back at her in the mirror? The one she doesn't recognize? That's her. 

Everyone in Emma's life wants her to just pick up right where she left off, her parents want her back on the cheer-leading squad, her friends what their queen bee back and her boyfriend thinks that a quick make out session will cure her amnesia. 

However the more Emma learns about the 'old' her the more she pushes away those closest to her. She isn't that girl, not anymore. That girl died on the side of the road that night. And if the people in her life can't accept the new Emma than maybe they don't deserve to be apart of her new life. 

With the help of her former physical therapist and now current love interest, Mason, Emma begins picking up the pieces of her shattered life. Healing both herself and Mason in the process. 

I loved this book, I started it on a Sunday morning and was finished before dinner that night. I could not get myself to put it down. 

I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, waiting to see if Emma's memory returned or if she and Mason made it to the ending together. 

I'm sure there are quite a few books out there with this subject, memory loss and finding out who you are and who you truly want to be, but this story and the way it is written is completely unique and one of a kind. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 


In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment