Thursday, July 3, 2014

"Not My Cup Of Tea" Review of "Since Forever Ago"

"Not My Cup Of Tea" Review #2 

Featuring "Since Forever Ago" By Olivia Besse

Riley Benson is officially single for the first time in a decade- okay for the first time in six years, but you're allowed to round up, right? 

She has just discovered that her boyfriend has been cheating on her for who know's how long and that he's just not sure that they truly belong together. 

Heart broken and somewhat irrational Riley decides to get right back on the horse. The dating horse that is. Why not play the odds? If she goes out with as many guys as possible odds are she'll find someone. 

She enlists the help of her long time friend Max to help her. Who better to give advice on what guys really want then a guy? 

However Max has ulterior motives. 

Max has been in love with Riley for years and now that she has finally rid herself of her scummy ex, Max thinks this is his chance. His plan is to give Riley the worst advice possible. Set her up with some of his frat brothers who will undoubtedly run in the other direction when she shows up to the restaurant in sweat pants and starts burping and talking about how much she can bench press. 

Max thinks that if Riley has enough horrible dates in a row she will realize that Max, her best friend, the boy who has stood by her for so long, is her knight in shining armor, Prince Charming come to save the day.

I did like the idea of this story and I was looking for a fast read when I picked it up, which is what I got. But I can't help but think that the only reason I read it so fast was that so I could finish it and be done with it. 

The characters were very whiny and immature and were it not for the swearing and the intimate scenes I would've guessed this was set in their highschool years rather then collage life. 

Maybe other people will like it but for me I just wasn't a big fan. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 

In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review. 
My review is my honest opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment