Tuesday, June 3, 2014

To Be Read Tuesday

Tuesday's will always my favorite. 
Nothing beats walking into the bookstore and seeing all the new books displayed side by side just waiting to be picked up and read. 

If they could bottle the scent of new books I would have a signature scent.

Today starts the beginning of a new blog series for me. 
"To Be Read Tuesday"

Now a ton of great new books came out today but I'm most excited for Joanna Philbin's book "Since Last Summer". 

I read the first book in this series about 4 months ago and I loved every second of it, the story, the characters and definitely the setting.  

I'm a sucker for a good summer read and "Rules of Summer" is just that. 

If you're unfamiliar with the first book it is set in the Hamptons, Rory Mcshane is hired to be the 'errand girl' for the Rules, a wealthy family with a beachfront mansion and 'servants' fit for a queen. When reading this I kept picturing Emily Gilmore (Gilmore Girls) and her ever rotating staff members. 

On the other end of the spectrum is Isabel Rule, she has everything a girl her age could want (minus a drivers license) and yet she's still searching for something more to fulfill her life. 

Both girls have a memorable summer filled with forbidden romances, surfers and unexpected friendships. 

To say I loved this book would be an understatement, which is why I'm so happy the much anticipated sequel is now available. 

"Since Last Summer" Takes place a year later, again Rory is at the Hamptons but this time she is no longer the hired help, after 12 months of a long distance relationship she is staying with the Rules as Conner's guest, but in the months leading up to fall and subsequently, college, Rory is doubting whether or not Conner's world is where she belongs after all. 

Isabel is still attempting to recover from last summers broken heart. And what better way to do that then to move on with someone else. So why is it even with a new love interest in sight she can't seem to shake the idea of Mike? 

I can't wait to get my hands on this and if it's anything like her last novel I'm sure I'll be raving about it for weeks to come. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 













No comments:

Post a Comment