Friday, June 27, 2014

ARC Review "Dark Paradise"

"Dark Paradise" By Angie Sandro

The first book in the Dark Paradise series. 

Release date July 1st. 

Mala LaCroix's life isn't ideal. Her Mother is the town hooker, alcoholic and rumored witch. The man she has been crushing on for years thinks of her as his annoying kid sister and oh yeah, she just had to pull a dead girl out of the bayou behind her house. To make matters worse the dead girl is now haunting her and forcing her to use powers she can't control, powers that she has denied the very existence of for years.

Landry  Prince is in love with Mala. He watches her from a distance, never having the courage to talk to her let alone speak his true feelings. However when he discovers that Mala might have information on his sisters brutal murder he will stop at nothing to find out the truth, even if that means proving that Mala herself had something to do with it.

I can't express how much I loved this book. 
Mystery, murder, love triangles. 
Check, check and check.
Throw in some witch hoodoo and I'm completely hooked. 

I loved Angie's writing style and her characters. The way she described the town and the people within it made me feel like I had been living there my whole life, walking along side Mala while the judgmental looks and un-approving glances were thrown her way. 

I don't want to dive too deep into the story for fear of accidentally spoiling something so I will leave you with this. 

Add "Dark Paradise" to your TBR list, pre-order it, wait in line at midnight to get it. 
You will not be sorry. 

Until next time, 
Ginger 


In compliance with FTC guidelines I am disclosing that this book was given to me for free to review.
My review is my honest opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment